Get Natural Back Pain Treatment With a Chiropractor in Charlottesville, VA
If you've ever been interested in chiropractic care for your back pain, we encourage you to schedule an appointment at Cox Chiropractic Clinic. Dr. Wayne Fusco and Dr. Douglas Cox are both heralded as a chiropractor in Charlottesville VA who can help you or a loved one find natural relief while receiving completely individualized care.
Different Kinds of Back Pain
Most of us will have back pain at least once in our lives. Interestingly, having back pain once actually increases the likelihood you'll have it again in the future. So, seeking care as soon as possible can benefit you in the short-term as well as the long-term.
Frequent diagnoses we see at our chiropractic clinic include:
- Muscle strain: the superficial and deep muscles in your back are an important part of your core stability, giving you a stable yet mobile base from which to move and transfer loads throughout your body. If a muscle is overworked or stressed in an acute accident, then the muscle fibers can tear and become inflamed.
- Degenerative disc disease: this condition happens when the discs between your vertebral bones wear down. This can disrupt the alignment and mobility within the spine, leading to stiffness, pain, and potentially nerve impingement (such as sciatica) if nearby nerve roots are compressed.
- Stenosis: progressive narrowing of joints within the spine.
- Spondylolisthesis: a condition in which one vertebral bone moves forward relative to the bone beneath it. This can happen due to stress fractures or degenerative changes within the joints (e.g., osteoarthritis).
In some cases, an exact diagnosis of back pain may not be possible. These "idiopathic" cases can still be improved with chiropractic care.
Potential Causes of Back Pain
Our Charlottesville chiropractor team wants to help you control as many contributing factors as possible so your symptoms (including back pain and stiffness, leg pain, and decreased hip range of motion) will improve. Common factors include:
- Excessive sitting
- Poor posture
- Physical overuse, especially with poor technique
- A weak or dysfunctional core unit
- Acute accident (auto accident, slip, sports injury)
How A Charlottesville Chiropractor Treats Back Pain
Our Charlottesville chiropractor staff has several possible solutions to your back pain problem:
- Adjustments and spinal decompression improve health and alignment of your discs, nerves, and joints
- Acupuncture releases endorphins to alleviate pain and promote relaxation
- Exercises help you strengthen your core to stabilize joints and improve safety in a variety of postures and functional tasks
Schedule an Appointment
Contact the Cox Chiropractic Clinic at (434)-293-6165 to schedule an appointment. Health, healing, and optimal function can be your choice, even if you've had back pain for years. Call today!