Elevate Your Game with Our Sports Injury Chiropractor in Charlottesville
At Cox Chiropractic Clinic, we're honored to be trusted by local athletes of all ages and abilities. We offer techniques and services that help people heal from a sports injury with minimal downtime, no invasive procedures, and no surgery. Our Charlottesville chiropractor staff also offers treatment that can help you identify hidden risk factors for future injury and optimize your athletic performance. With our help and your hard work ethic, you'll be back on your game before you know it.
Types of Sports Injuries Treated by Our Chiropractor Team in Charlottesville
A sports injury can befall any athlete at any level of experience. The most common ones diagnosed and treated at our chiropractic clinic include:
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains
- Runner's knee (chondromalacia patellae)
- Jumper's knee (patellar tendonitis)
- Golfer's elbow/tennis elbow (medial/lateral epicondylitis)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
- Whiplash and post-concussion syndrome
Risk Factors, Signs, and Symptoms of Sports Injury
Given how common sports injuries are, you may find yourself wondering how to minimize your risk for developing one! Avoid the common issues if possible:
- Poor technique, body mechanics, and breathing strategies
- Slip or fall
- Over-training and/or inadequate recovery time/warm-up/cool-down
- Poor sleep, hydration, and/or nutrition
- Ill-fitting equipment
Other factors, such as running surface, type of sport, and training-related accidents, may also play a role.
What to Expect From Sports Injury Treatment with a Chiropractor
Dr. Douglas M.Cox and Dr. Wayne Fusco know how important staying physically active is for your health and well-being. As a go-to chiropractor team in the Charlottesville, VA, area, these gentlemen continually hone their clinical and diagnostic skills to ensure you or your loved one receives the most innovative and advanced chiropractic care, which includes services such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments for the spine and extremities
- Massage therapy, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, and other types of soft tissue mobilization to alleviate tension and promote healing circulation
- Corrective exercises for strength, endurance, and mobility with explicit emphasis on posture, breathing, and technique
- Cold and heat therapy for natural pain relief, reduced spasms, and reduced inflammation
- Lifestyle and nutritional guidance that focuses on foods for recovery, tips for improving sleep, hydration recommendations, etc.
Sidelined and in Pain Because of a Sports Injury? Come See How Chiropractic Care in Charlottesville Can Help!
Since 1982, we've been helping athletes of all ages and abilities maximize their performance, stay healthy, speed their recovery, and extend their athletic careers. We'd be honored to help you or a love one find drug-free relief from a sports injury! If you live in or near Charlottesville, VA, call Cox Chiropractic Clinic at (434) 293-6165 to schedule your initial consultation today.